Welcome to my story

Welcome to my blog. This blog is intended to track my journey from a bible believing Christian growing up in a small town in Colorado to hopefully becoming a Humanist Chaplain. I have always enjoyed helping other people. I recently found a note I wrote before my Junior year of high school with my goals. Here were my goals:


To become the best (basketball) guard Sargent has had by Nov 15th (Went to Sargent High School)

Become a Minister by 1989

Attend college at ORU (Oral Roberts University) by Fall of 1984

Become a straight A student by the end of school years 1982 (Junior year) & 1983 (Senior year)

Be able to run a 23.9 in the 220 (yard dash) and a 10.7 (100 yard dash) by the first track meet.

Score another touchdown by Nov 1
Mark Landes

Early in my life I wanted to help people and thought I had a 'calling' to become a minister of Christ. This blog will detail my journey from wanting to be a fundamentalist Christian pastor/minister in the summer/fall of 1981 to wanting to become a Humanist Chaplain in the summer of 2017.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September - Discharge, Training & 30th Class Reunion

Vocational Autobiography

Deconstruction of my Christianity - My theological Anthropology