The Journey Continues

I have some good news after having to put my goal on hold for a year that I have started my Masters of Divinity degree Iliff School of Theology. With a great assist from two of my classmates from West Point and the Humanist Chaplain of the University of Cincinnati, I was accepted as a full-time student while also working full-time. We are currently in the fifth week of the fall quarter which takes place on location in Denver Colorado where Iliff is located. There are several reasons why I applied specifically to Iliff but the most important is the combination of distance and on-site learning called the Journey Program. This is an intensive week of school work but also the first time that I am getting to meet my fellow first-year Journey classmates and two-course classmates. 

I am in two theological courses and the Journey Beginnings course. The two theological courses are Theological Education in the Digital Age and Identity, Power & Vocation in Community. As the second course title, you might be able to guess that this is also a progressive school. Iliff School of Theology is a very progressive United Methodist Church theological school that embraces social justice and the LGBTQ community. This is very attractive as a gay humanist in addition as I could not see attending conservative evangelical online schools like Liberty University or Fuller Theological Seminary. 
Newer buildings
I am only on my second day and I am the happiest I have been in a long time. I am really enjoying this journey, my instructors and my classmates even though I have already had a suggestion to read Lee Strobel’s A Case for Christ. As if someone who grew up as a Christian and investigated and researched those beliefs has not examined everything discussed in this book. A great breakdown of this book and whether he was an actual atheist when he wrote the book (hint: an investigative journalist only interviewed Conservative Christians for “evidence” against straw man arguments rather than interviewing people who would argue against the “evidence”) is this video playlist

Original Building

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocational Autobiography

September - Discharge, Training & 30th Class Reunion

Deconstruction of my Christianity - My theological Anthropology